Emerald, 3782, Victoria, Australia
One of the original properties in Emerald established in the 1860’s. It includes many tall / old mountain ash gumtrees, wattle, maples, ferns and oak trees. There are over 500 tulips planted on the property and a large new vegetable garden too.
The house once functioned as a guest house and offered guest style accomodation. The house is now a spacious family home with several decks and balconies overlooking the lush 21 acres.
There are 6 alpacas (various colours) and 1 baby alpaca (white) on the property as well as 2 x isabrown chickens. Wallabies, wombats and foxes live on the property too. There is space for many more animals if the shoot requires them.
There is a permanent creek running through the property with an old wooden bridge which is built out of old railway sleepers. The creek was once used as a community public bathing area in the early 1900's. There is original rainforest maintained by Melbourne Water funding along the creek.
One of the oldest and largest oak trees in all of the Hills region is also on the property.